[QuadList] Videotape splicing caught on tape-- and a lot more

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:28:46 CST 2011

Ted:

Thanks for finding these!  I had not seen them before.  Definitely a variety of classic gear there.  The bay of 3 Ampex machines are actually VR-1200's, not 2000's.  Also a nice shot of a VR-3000 in the opening and closing montage sequences.

What's the deal with the single gloved hand and the splicer?  Isn't that somewhat pointless if the other hand is bare?  I've never used a Smith splicer, so am I missing something?

Also was amused by the tape reel wobbling around on what appeared to be a manual film winder.  What was that about???

Great stuff!

Don