[QuadList] Videotape splicing caught on tape-- and a lot more

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 11:16:16 CST 2011

 Hi Don & Folks,

I saw a special swinging table next to each VR-1200 in Mexico City for the 68
Olympics in the International Broadcast Center, designed specially to hold the
Smith splicer.

I was working with ABS/CBN from the Philippines, who had a couple of Wrestlers
in competition and were using the VR-7800's and sending tapes back home and
using the slow motion with the noise bar "On-Air" to build out the program.

The folks using the quads used gloves when splicing to keep the oils from the
hands from contaminating the tapes.

The "one hand use" may have been where the un-gloved hand was used to handle the
splicing tape. And then the gloved hand would smooth the splice and contact the
tape.

This would be sorta like the " dry hand/wet hand" process that cooks use when
coating food for deep frying.

Bye for now, Bill Carpenter