[QuadList] Please change subject lines to reflect the actual post content--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Jul 12 12:34:54 CDT 2011

A gentle reminder to change the subject lines when you reply and
essentially change the subject.

This happened several times in the Broadcast News for free viewing
thread.

The first when Armstrong was mentioned, and then Farnsworth. Should be
two different subject lines.

And when the Sloan valve came up... the subject line should change
again.

Why?  To make finding content easier via accurate indexing.

This is a long-term document we're actually writing here, and we do
ourselves and other readers a great favor by making things easy to find.

Otherwise it's like a kitchen drawer that's had all manner of utensils
thrown in it.  Or the spare parts bin that's just one bin.  Or that
toolbox?

Suggestions are welcome about about how to gently remind everyone
until it becomes a habit.

Your kindly housekeeper...