[QuadList] Mystery Pic

LARRY leodham at centurylink.net
Tue Jul 12 15:15:48 CDT 2011

It could be ferrite. I dont have a complete Mark 4 head, but I do have a set of 4 tips and another complete drum disk with tips for a Mark 4, and to the eye, it looks identical to the Mark 10.

I was thinking, though that weren't the Mark 10 and beyond "alfesal" tip material.

Frequency sweeping the tips, compares pretty much the same as to the Mark 10 tips, but I have noticed the output level is lower when I use the mark 4 tips as replacements on a mark 10 head assy.

Seems like the only complete Mark 4 head I had ever seen had that vertical piece of stainless behind the drum disk,too.