[QuadList] RCA BROADCAST NEWS issues for free online viewing--Please advise of Quad articles

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Jul 12 02:45:54 CDT 2011

Hi, Bob,

Thanks for alerting the group to a great resource!

Quad Articles:
I randomly picked Volume 99, Feb. 58 to see whether it had any Quad
articles, and it does!

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-RCA-Broadcast-News/RCA_Broadcast_News_99-02-1958.pdf

Page 6-7 outline the RCA Color Videotape Mod/Demod system in an
article, "Color Processing in the RCA Video Tape Recorder" by A. H.
Lind, Manager, Audio and Mechanical Devices Engineering.

Pages 84-85 are a "double truck spread" for the RCA Quad VTR.

The April, 1958 issue follows up.
http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-RCA-Broadcast-News/RCA_Broadcast_News_100-04-1958.pdf

The index reports Pages 6 has an article on How the RCA video recorder
works.   Page 6 is out of sequence in this scan, appearing as Page 10
in the file. The text for the article by Jerome L. Grever begins on
Page 7 and runs through Page 15.  Pictures are nice and clear!

The March, 1960 issue
http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-RCA-Broadcast-News/RCA_Broadcast_News_107-03-1960.pdf

has a number of Quad related articles, including
Page 14: Tour through the TV Tape Headwheel Plant
Page 19:	TV Tape Splicer
Page 22:	How design of tape transport mechanism improves performance
of TV Tape recorder

And for you camera fans, the announcement of the TK-12 IO camera,
predecessor to the TK-60.

Can we develop an Index of Quad Articles?
As people read through the issues, it would be great if folks posted
links to the editions with Quad related articles and an index.

The format above can be a template.

At some point, I'll take them all and post one big chronological list.

David Gleason has made the Broadcasting Yearbooks searchable by word,
which is how I discovered them... doing a Google search for
something.  It would be great if that happened with these.

Helping to develop an index of Quad articles will be a good interim.

Lots of late night reading ahead!