[QuadList] Problem AVR 3--Did this ever get identified/fixed?

lee williams lasvegastvengineer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 19:15:34 CDT 2011

Hi Ted,

Got part of the problem fixed with the low RF.

Turns out that the pre-amp of a NTSC/PAL AVR3 is different than a NTSC only.
When I got the right amp in the right machine, the RF came back to were it should be.

The interesting thing is now I have lost Auto Chroma on that machine. (And it's not the #4 card)
The manual says that several of the cards have to work together to get it to auto chroma and unfortunately we did not write down what we had swapped out between machines.

Makes a good picture on manual so not really to enthusiastic to find the right combination.

As for cleaning, I still have 3 gallons left of the old xylene that California banned 10 years ago.
Toxic as you can believe, but brings back heads like nothing else will.

Lee