[QuadList] AVR 3 heads question

lee williams lasvegastvengineer at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 10:55:53 CDT 2011

Hay all,
Have a good one here ???

AVR3 Mark XV heads.

Have some 2" tape that when you try to pull it through the machine will will give you something that looks like video tearing in the whites and slow horizontal jitter.

If I slam the tracking all the way down, I get a very clean picture, but about 30 lines of black overhead on the screen.

I see this on all my new(er) heads I get from both Aheadtek and VideoMagnetics.

I have 1 very warn out head (supplier unknown) that will lock to these tapes

Has anybody seen this before and is there a way this heads set up can be duplicated?

Thanks

Lee