[QuadList] OT- Live TV likely looked like via an Iconoscope tube inthe early years of TV

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 31 16:20:32 CDT 2011

		On Jul 31, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Dale Lamm wrote:

 > The gentleman is very skilled and dedicated. Looks like he is
somehow involved with TV, judging from the vectorscope and WFM in his
shop.
 > Cut my teeth on vidicons and IO cameras (TK-11). Never saw video
straight from an iconoscope till now (not counting film transfers).
Looks better than what I imagined.

		I offer:

	Just remember that the camera he built had only ONE tube in it; the
iconoscope.  Original iconoscope cameras used tubes in ALL of the
amplifiers and were much more finicky.  This modern iconoscope camera
is capable of making better pictures than what the original cameras
could.  However, what it does show is how good a picture one can get
from an iconoscope.

					     NBC Today Show, New York