[QuadList] Sony VTR's with digital audio (was QuadQuiz: What company used a 2" Quad machine ...)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Jun 3 19:02:37 CDT 2011

On Jun 3, 2011, at 2:36 PM, Dennis Degan wrote:

> There WAS a 1-inch Type-C Sony VTR (BVH-2800) that could record
> digital audio along with the analog video.

I have two, one PCM digital A/D-D/A box and a set of test tapes: One
for the standard video functions and another for the PCM audio.

The two digital audio tracks can be edited like the analog tracks.

Their PCM audio signal is inserted where the sync head would place a
signal.

> Also, Sony made a BetaCam SP deck with digital audio.  I think it
> was named the BVW-D75.

BVW series machines have two channels of AFM audio recorded with the
video.

The BVW-D75 is basically a BVW-75 with SD-SDI and AES/EBU audio ins
and outs.