[QuadList] Jeporady Question of the Day

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 1 16:31:39 CST 2011

Yes it was called Silverlake.  It was made by Odetics with and for RCA.
Several of the product group from RCA left for Odetics to continue the
product which had several generations of kit and was quite successful.  They
ultimately interfaced with just about any modern cassette type decks
including the Tektronix Profile disk recorder.  I think some are still in
use and are still service by a  couple of former Odetics Engineers.  I
worked for them a short while and still keep in touch with some of them.  In
early systems, the decks had to be modified, but later systems did not
require any deck modifications.  This made it really appealing since you
could choose your format and deck and still have the automation from
Odetics.   Gary