[QuadList] Vital... Gainesville

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 1 09:07:58 CST 2011

We had a hybrid sort of Riker where I worked.  The crosspoints were EMI
modules using shottky diodes.  The original mix/effecs were tube type when I
started.  The station bought some Riker frames to replace the tube chassis
but could not figure out how to do it without taking the whole place down so
it ended up in the attic.  I found this stuff and figured out how to replace
the tube chassis and it really improved our picture.  The management loved
it.  The guys (which I was one) didn't because it prolonged the purchase of
a new switcher.  Of course we didn't know if the new switcher was going to
be better or worse but it didn't happen.  I learned quite a bit about
switchers and timing then so it was a great educational experience.  Loads
of fun.  I have photos of this but I'm afraid they haven't surfaced in my
massive slide scanning process under way.  When they do, I'll post them.
Understanding switchers and timing go a long way towards proper sc/h editing
on composite machines like quads and type C.

Gary