[QuadList] QuadList Digest, Vol 33, Issue 8

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Wed Mar 2 03:20:34 CST 2011

The problems we had in the UK were information from RCA re TCR 100’s

The capstan motors had problems, easy to trouble shoot move the motor to another deck and see if the fault moves

We had two machines ie 4 decks

RCA insisted the motors did not have problems and would not ship a new parts

They sent and Engineer over who not only rejected the capstan motor  I was unhappy with, but the other three

and rejected several of the new motors supplied by RCA

I don’t know who were dealing with at RCA but support like that you don’t need

We also had two master mod kits one in service and one TR70B moded as a spare

Neither worked well it spoilt the TBC window on both TR70B and we had to buy a second SPU

Unfortunately it was full of TR600 modules nowhere near as good as the original SPU (TR70 modules)

Don’t get me wrong I am an RCA lover but in the later days there were problems from within the company

I wish I could name the people who gave out the poor advice and the excellent RCA engineers that came out to help us

The last engineer was a Radio Ham called I think Bill was looking for somewhere to live in Mexico when he retired

I hope he made it, he was a big help in troubled times

TrevorB

UK Member