[QuadList] Jeporady Question of the Day

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 20:18:39 CST 2011

We had a shoot out at WTVJ between the Odetics Tower machine  and a very
large Sony X-Y system.  We had them
on either side of the tape room.

The Sony cassette grabbing mechanism was an  unbelievably
complicated device.  That complication turned us  away
from the Sony X-Y.  We bought an Odetics double tower  system, and later
added the Odetics X-Y machine.

These replaced 3 ACR-25s.  The first ACR-25 was  serial
number 21.

Don Murray, W4WJ
Retired from 40 years of Miami Television Engineering
35+ years at NBC O&O WTVJ

In a message dated 3/1/2011 4:32:25 P.M. Central Standard Time,