[QuadList] zoooooomar!! part of one? LENS 52.. WHERE ARE YOU?

Gideon4 gideon4 at summershome.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 16:23:25 CST 2011

Hello Ed

I don't recognize your lens front element so I am of no help in locating
Lens 52. It does not look to be very large diameter so the aperture must be
quite small.

The early zoom lenses in the UK had fixed front elements of reasonable size
and changeable back elements to change the focal length.

Attached are two pictures of a Watson zoom first announced in July 1951. it
is a 5:1 zoom with interchangeable rear elements, one can be seen in the
pictures. Alas the lens is not part of my collection, It is part of the
collection held at Alexandra Palace, the home of the start of "high
definition television" in the UK,  nice lens none the less.

regards

Brian Summers

www.tvcameramuseum.org

  Trimmed at this point.

  chuck's  zoomar...   this image stuck in my mind.... hey... it is a savant
thing

  going though a stash I got  a while back I came upon...

  I have a thing that looks like the front of this  zoomar...  says

  tele front lens
  5 to 22 in  serial no 52

  OK LENS 52.... WHERE ARE YOU????

  i suspect there were several fronts that  could be screwed on and off
  Thanks,

  Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

  See the Museum's Web Site at www.smecc.org

  We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library - please advise if you have anything we can use.

  Coury House / SMECC
  5802 W. Palmaire Ave. Phone 623-435-1522
  Glendale Az 85301 USA