[QuadList] Question of the week-RCA AE 6000 editor

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 18:11:59 CST 2011

The ECCO unit was an add on to the VR-2000.  The first one that I saw  was
in Hollywood at a post house that put in the mass duplicator by  Merlin.  It
was where I think Jack Calloway worked.  Being old now has  memory fades
from 40 years ago.  Could it be Teletronics?

I will see if I can get my scanner to work again.  The we can show the
different units.  The TEP was a device that did not work using SMPTE time
code.  It put a cue tone down and then you used the thumb wheels to move  the
edit points.  The cue tone was put down 14 seconds before the  edit.  Then you
do the rehearsal.

I believe that TEP was a single machine system.  I remember the  blue
ribbon connector on the TR-60 that was labeled TEP.  I saw one at  one
installation but never had a chance to see it in operation.

Chris Hill

In a message dated 3/7/2011 6:40:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,