[QuadList] Question of the week-RCA AE 6000 editor

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 8 08:21:49 CST 2011

The TEP was popular (for RCA folks) since it was frame accurate to the tone.  With the TR-600, They came out with a TEP replacement called SE-1.  Sorry I don’t have pictures.  It did not use a tone but used control track to count the frames.  And we all know how accurate that can be.  So if you were ok with +/-1 frame, then the SE-1 was ok.  You used a Mark In and Mark Out button.  Thumbwheels were used to trim offsets to the mark points.  Didn’t care for it and had to install a few which was a real pain with lots of wire wraps to the backplane.  I’m sure David has a picture of this too!

Gary