[QuadList] [Quad List] Question of the week-RCA AE 6000 editor/TEP

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Wed Mar 9 10:38:59 CST 2011

Trevor and Tony,

I had always heard of the "8 field Bruch Sequence" and later on in life in linear edit bays operating in 625 PAL here in the U.S, dealt with long pre-rolls and the PAL color framing issues. This was particularly gruesome with PAL 1" type B and C edits. "Bruch" refers to Doctor Eng. Walter Bruch of Telefunken labs who invented the PAL system in 1965. Did either of you ever meet Dr. Bruch? He passed away over two decades ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12064036@N04/4050912252/
Which leads to this:
http://www.radiomuseum.org/forum/45_years_anniversary_of_walter_bruchs_pal_color_television.html

David