[QuadList] VPR-2 was ACR-25 Cue Times was: Ampex Models

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Sat Mar 12 14:41:44 CST 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 07:38 -0800, David Crosthwait wrote:
> Don,
>

> I know that feeling, the worst night mare of all! A great play has
> occurred, you're cue up and the producer says that X has a great shot.
> The director says "standby X, roll X, take X. ROLL X!!!  ROLL X!!!"
> Then the TD and the producer starts yelling "ROLL X".

When I was at WXXI, one of the VTRs on our remote truck was VTR X.

During a game we were doing one time, the director was frequently
calling out 'Roll X'. After the game, I went and talked to the director
(A woman, and someone whom I had worked with quite a bit), and had the
following conversation:

Me: Thanks for your hard work on the game today.

Her: You're welcome.

Me: I do have one question though.

Her: What's that?

Me: I know that you directors make a lot more money than us engineers.
But you don't need to flaunt it. Like constantly talking during the game
about your expensive watch.

Now, she had a really puzzled look.

Her: What do you mean?

Me: All through the game, you were constantly calling out 'Rolex'
'Rolex'.

With that, she had a good laugh.

;-)
Tim Stoffel