[QuadList] Another Jeporady Question-Quads not made by AmpexorRCA

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:19:58 CDT 2011

Hi Ted:

By the time Merlin got thru with the machine, it had an Ampex headwheel, Ampex audio heads and an Ampex pinch roller.  Whether those were part of the original Shibaden design I do not know.  Ken Zin can probably tell us.

In the "fine print" of the question Chris originally asked, he did say only original manufacturers that did not rely on the major parts of other manufacturers.  Some of these machines, like the Visual/Allen, would not exist without the "big guy's" parts.  On the other hand, machines like the Bosch are clearly original.  I think the intention was to explore how many companies actually made quads from top to bottom.  Otherwise, I could be a "manufacturer" since I've built and sold machines made out of a variety of parts.

Don