[QuadList] Next Question of the day

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 22:47:36 CDT 2011

I think you got most of them.

I did not expect that AF Associates would appear.  I had an interview
there but it did not materialize.

The 3M division was Mimcom.  They made the drop out compensator for  the
Ampex machine that did the really good job of inverting the Chroma and  making
the drop outs invisible.  Loved it after they put in the test  circuit.  No
longer needed a special tape.

I understand that they also made the drop out compensator for RCA that  was
then sold as original equipment.

I remember somewhere that there was a set of delay lines that someone sold
to adjust for quadrature on the VR-1000 series.  This was not made by
Allen.    Allen made a bunch of stuff for the VR-1000.

Spin Physics and Video Max just did heads as far as I know.

There are other devices that were out there but not anything  significant.

I find it interesting that we can remember all this like yesterday.

So now we will have to come up with other questions of the week.

Chris Hill

In a message dated 3/21/2011 6:02:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,