[QuadList] Next Question of the day

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 22 16:24:01 CDT 2011

		On Mar 21, 2011, at 11:47 PM, Chill315 at aol.com wrote:

 > I remember somewhere that there was a set of delay lines that
someone sold to adjust for quadrature on the VR-1000 series.  This was
not made by Allen.    Allen made a bunch of stuff for the VR-1000.

		I recall:

	I think Allen made a kit consisting of four RF switcher modules and
some kind of control unit.  The installed kit would switch each head's
record RF off as it passed across the tape's audio, cue, and CT tracks
during a video-only edit.  It did a great job of keeping 'buzz' out of
the audio.  I installed kits into two VR-2000's in 1979 when I worked
at Reeves/Teletape.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York