[QuadList] KHOF Quads--(Was Another Switcher Picture Puzzle)

Dennis Ray Wingo wingod at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 25 01:35:10 CDT 2011

Nope, the fellow in the picture was before my time.  I can tell by the configuration of the monitor and hardware in the corner.  We were just getting the AVR-3's when I started there in 1985.  The guy running Master Control at the time was Tony Oshe, a crazy red headed guy who was a lot of fun to work with.  Joe Shack was the CE at the time.  I left in 87 and came back various times in the 90's while I was in college with my last tenure in the control room in 1998 when I ran the place for a while.  It was in 1997 when I got Dr. Scott to make the jump from 2" to Panasonic DVC-Pro, which was quite a jump!  Panasonic had this really nice portable dual deck that ran about $28k at the time.  It was easier to get Panasonic tape at the time and Sony was being a pain in the rear about their stuff.  Turned out to be a good decision with the history of what happened after.

More than likely Marston will not have fond memories of his time as Chief Engineer there as Dr. Scott fired him on the air.  Dr. Scott did not like engineers.

I think that this latest picture is of the units at the transmitter site, but long before my time "up on the mountain" as we called it.