[QuadList] KHOF Quads--(Was Another Switcher Picture Puzzle)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Mar 25 01:17:54 CDT 2011

Hi, Dennis,

Thanks for the ID.  Do you recognize the guy sitting by the Quads in
the dark?

Were you at KHOF when the Visual/Allen machines were in place?

The black and white pix of the pair next to the RCA film island

came from Joe Snelson D of E at Meredith Broadcasting through Bruce
Braun.
Joe was a Maint. Engineer at KHOF when Bruce worked there.
Bruce is now Executive Director for Liberty University New Media
Communications in Lynchburg, VA.

Bruce suggested I also touch base with Bernie (Walter) Marston, the
retired CE at the station, whom Bruce says designed and built the
transmitter, and purchased the Quads. By that I'd gather he means the
Ampex and V/A machines.

Ted

On Mar 24, 2011, at 10:47 PM, Dennis Ray Wingo wrote:

> Ted
>
> That looks more like Master Control at the KHOF studio in Glendale.
>
> Looks like the guy at the machine control in the first picture is
> Joe Shackelford.  The machines where the two guys are standing were
> later replaced with AVR-3's and the ones behind them were still
> operating until the day that I convinced Dr. Scott to kill 2" as an
> original programming format in 1997.
>
> Dennis
>

> On Mar 24, 2011, at 10:35 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:
>
>> On Mar 24, 2011, at 9:05 PM, Dennis Ray Wingo wrote:
>>
>>> I don't remember the brand, but we had one of these at the Channel
>>> 30 transmitter site on Sunset Ridge above Clairmont for Gene Scott.
>>>
>>> We had two VR-2000's If I remember correctly, along with a couple
>>> of Sony 3/4 decks.
>>>

>> Would these be them?
>>
>> <025.jpg>
>> <026.jpg>