[QuadList] My Weekend Puzzle for 3/25/11

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 21:07:34 CDT 2011

So far we know that it is not the following

Recortec
    Why, the switches are in the wrong position and the  Recortec timers
always looked different

Merlin
    Why, they used the Ampex housing for the  timer.

CMC
    Why that was a wild guess on my part and it is  turned down.

Visual / Allen
    This is way past their time and Merlin took over  that business.

Not Ampex or RCA as they never offered a retro fit for the early  machines.
 Ampex had a digital timer for the AVR-2 that was an option but  did not
look anything like this.

I am stumped.  But we have eliminated a whole bunch of  manufactures.  Who
is left?

Chris Hill
WA8IGN

In a message dated 3/25/2011 9:55:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
DennyD1 at verizon.net writes:

On Mar 25, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Don  Norwood wrote:

> OK, it's almost 5 o'clock here on the US East  Coast, so it's time
for my weekend puzzle post.  I've tried to  come up with something
that's  not too easy, so maybe there  won't be an instant answer, but
knowing you guys, I'm NOT holding my  breath!
> I'm sure everybody knows what this is......but who made  it?

I answer:

Looks  like the Recortec tape timer to me.

NBC  Today Show, New  York

Please trim  posts to relevant info when replying!
Send QuadList list posts to  QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com
Your subscribe, unsubscribe and digest  options are  here:
oup.com