[QuadList] Video Head Differences

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 13:57:25 CDT 2011

Another thought on the video heads.

RCA used a guide height adjuster that was positioned differently than
AMPEX.  It was on the back side of the head as I put it.  I never  looked at it
but did this create a different set of tilt in the guide as you  adjusted it
that the top of the guide would angle away from the heads as you  added
height?  And the opposite with the Ampex head?  Any input from  someone?

Another thing was the way that the Tone Wheel pulse or the Tach pulse was
generated.  Then the Mark 15 series of heads had both optical and  magnetic.

So which is better and the solutions that each brought to the table.

Chris Hill

In a message dated 3/27/2011 12:05:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,