[QuadList] Video Head Differences

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Sun Mar 27 12:06:50 CDT 2011

I thought CAVEC out performed the Ampex equivalent (Velcomp and Autochroma)

It sampled Chroma on a line by line basis

Ampex I think did it head by head

When I first fitted one to a TR70B it cost £7k  (UKP)

I was living in a £4k house at the time, and wondering if I would be able to
keep up the mortgage payments

TrevorB

UK Member