[QuadList] Ampex Video on YouTube

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Thu May 19 01:48:23 CDT 2011

With all of this Ampex talk recently, I did a search for videos on Ampex and found something interesting that I hadn't seen before.

This is a video that seems to be mostly directed to customers outside the US. It's all about system integration for studios
and mobile trucks. Lots of Ampex gear to be seen here. There are some state-side shots here. Perhaps something
that someone will recognize. I do get to see the AVA-3 paint system that I really wanted to someday play with but never got to.

http://youtu.be/tjVQZ_ZRIiE

The author claims that this is from 1985, but there's an ACR-225 in there, and I thought that was 1989-90 (or around there)

Scott Thomas