[QuadList] TCR-100 EPIS

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 5 11:00:19 CDT 2011

		On Nov 5, 2011, at 9:35 AM, Gary Adams wrote:

 > I should add, the EPIS data was recorded as a short audio burst
much like time code right after the SOM (Start of Message).  Once the
deck passed this.  I'm sure the ACR-25 was a bit more elegant in this
area.

		I say:

	I worked with both.  I never saw or maintained an ACR-25 that was
equipped with Ampex's EPIS-like system (I don't even remember its
name).  And the only EPIS-equipped TCRs I ever worked with were those
at NBC.

					     NBC Today Show, New York