[QuadList] TCR-100 EPIS

Glenn Gundlach stratus46 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 11:23:20 CDT 2011

The Ampex equivalent was IDA but I don't remember what the acronym stood for. I worked at the CBS affiliate in Madison Wis and the lone ACR-25 had IDA but possibly not from day one. The IDA displayed two lines of text in the video and was 10 -15 chars each. I don't remember the data entry method either. Getting old is not good.
The Madison machine also had the Studio Film and Tape Exchange DOM-5 (Diagnostic Online Monitor) to flag errors. The shop was 15 feet from the ACR and I'd sometimes hear a load error and be in front of the machine before the computer beeped its error.

Glenn Gundlach (G²)