[QuadList] OT--Happy 236th Birthday USMC--Anyone work the USMC Mobile TV unit

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Nov 10 08:19:04 CST 2011

On Nov 10, 2011, at 5:19 AM, Ted Langdell wrote:

> Do we have any Marines on the list?
>
> Did any of you earn your "Quad Fingers" in the Corps?  (I'm assuming that there were Marine Quad VTR's in service somewhere on land or sea.)

Seems there was at least one USMC remote truck in use in 1972... as cited in the Nov. 1, 1972 SMPTE Journal.

http://journal.smpte.org/content/81/11.toc

That issue had a lot about remote trucks, including the WMAQ-TV and NBC units that Dennis Degan linked to his pictures after David Crosthwait described working the "Freezer Bowl".

Meant to thank David at the time for his reply to my questions and pictures.  Have been swamped.

David, we'll miss you in Austin.  Was figuring you'd know good places to eat!