[QuadList] save htis and look tr4 converts to hi band but also needmodule changes

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:21:56 CDT 2012

Ed:

The already mentioned change to a hi-band head was to improve the quality of the lo-band performance....not convert the machine to hi-band which is much more involved.  As it stands, there is no timing correction, so the playback is B&W only.  In fact, even for that to meet broadcast specs required an external proc amp.  The main purpose of the machine was to record in the field.  It's not designed for serious playback use, however you could use it in the museum to demonstrate lo-band B&W playback.

Don