[QuadList] it makes it look like he is gonna put it in the vanhimself!

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Sat Apr 7 06:38:01 CDT 2012

And the scaling is off!  They aren't that small and the VW Westphalia
van, plus the spelling of 'Mobile' indicates this was from a European
brochure.

I actually used to load a TR-5 in a truck by myself.  At WKNO in Memphis
we kept it on the second floor for production use and when a remote came
up there was a large dumb waiter type lift we rolled it onto, lowered it
to the first floor, then rolled it into the remote truck backed up to a

At KLVX in Las Vegas it took two people to push it up a ramp into the
truck.  There is a picture of this operation in RCA Broadcast News in
1969.  I will scan it if someone wants to see it, but it is already
on-line.

Had several High Banded TR-4, but never changed from ball bearing heads
since we ran 5mil and lots of LB library to play back.  Later TR-61 with
full air bearing heads and TR-70C electronics, then TR-600 which I still
have.

Bill Spencer

NorthStar Studios, Inc.

3201 Dickerson Pike