[QuadList] Quad mystery photo quiz of the week

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 12:28:24 CDT 2012

Hi Don,

Could that be the VR-1000 Console @ Compact in the early days where Joe Sayovitch would check the VR- 3000's by recording and not threading the tape on to the take-up reel but routed it to the Video head on the VR-1000 for simultaneous playback in a write/ read configuration.

This was like the Canadians using the "bin loop storage" ( a big plastic G can between two machines) to add commercials to hockey games.
The timing would have been late 72 or early 73, pre-AVR-2, when I was product manager for the VR-3000.
On this trip, Joe also showed me the VR-3000 with the servo circuit mod's so it could be used to play video on a film set, to not cause bars on the monitors due to the films 24frame rate.

I never saw to system running, but he showed me a picture with the VR-3000 on the special welded shelf to the right front of the VR-1000 console.

His VR-3000's always ran right on-location.

Bye for now, Bill & Gewyn & Ginger (whoof...whoof)