[QuadList] Tape Delay Systems

Dale Lamm dlamm1 at neo.rr.com
Sun Apr 15 22:22:35 CDT 2012

Back when a framestore synchronizer cost really big bucks, I imagined you
could achieve the goal of syncing a remote feed by using two VTR's. Record
the incoming video on the left machine and play it back a few seconds later
on the right machine locked to house sync. Might be handy if you didn't care
to genlock to an unsteady remote feed.

One station I worked at had a couple TR-70's side by side. A rubber band
kept the idler arms in the correct position. Tape went straight across, no
ceiling loop. Got just enough delay for a director to call for an audio
bleep if a telephone caller to our morning show got rude.