[QuadList] Quad mystery photo quiz of the week

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Sun Apr 15 00:44:07 CDT 2012

The mystery photo of the week was taken exactly 30 years ago (+/- a few days). At NAB Vegas 1982, Ken Zin proudly displayed a rebuilt, mint condition VR-1000 VTR at the Merlin booth. Ken had assembled this machine from VR-1000 A, B, and C machines. It was running and fully operational on the show room floor. It is my understanding that after NAB, this machine was loaded onto a truck for a trip to The Smithsonian but it was subjected to severe damage while in transit. It's whereabouts are unknown.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
david at dcvideo.com