[QuadList] OT Has anyone heard of this?

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 16 14:51:11 CDT 2012

Perhaps the planets are aligned strangely.....I've had more odd 1" format situations in the past 30 days than I've had in years!

Following up on David Crosthwait's finding below, look at the info here regarding the BK411 (a later version of the 401 with better bandwidth according to the information posted in German):
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/grundig_bk401_1023.html
Can't tell about the B-wind, but the speed matches what was quoted in David Dean's original question.  According to the post, the 411 came out in 1977, so it seems a bit unusual that it would have still been in use in '89.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com