[QuadList] Slight OT: When did networks transition from 2" Quad to 1" Type C?

David Perrussel diamond4545 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 20 19:03:43 CDT 2012

Slight off topic question to the group:

Overall, when did the "Big 3" networks (ABC, NBC, CBS and even PBS for
that matter) start the transition from 2" Quad to 1" Type C or similar
formats?

I'm sure it was over a period of time, but I'm wondering when the
transition to 1" really started to get going, pushing out 2" Quad to
backup status?

For example, when did NBC start to use 1" for the Tonight Show instead
of 2" Quad?

Also, while I'm on the subject, when did 1" Type C start to end it's
reign and other formats started to take over?

Thanks!

Dave