[QuadList] Quad Carts--Links to RCA and Ampex photo examples

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Thu Aug 16 20:46:55 CDT 2012

ACR cart vs TCR cart. A comparison:

Having run both machines, the ACR is my preference.

TCR cart and machine pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3577059257552&set=a.3577050697338.2132982.1005211240&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3577063057647&set=a.3577050697338.2132982.1005211240&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1838419632648&set=a.1239751666323.2033527.1005211240&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1838420432668&set=a.1239751666323.2033527.1005211240&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1903934830487&set=a.1239751666323.2033527.1005211240&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1970457733518&set=a.1969855038451.2095951.1005211240&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1970464893697&set=a.1969855038451.2095951.1005211240&type=3&theater

One interesting note that I've said in the past on this list: As far as I am aware, NBC New York and Burbank were the only operations to air prime time commercials directly from a cart machine. I am fairly certain that CBS and ABC integrated their commercials into slugs in the air master being played back, but I stand to be corrected.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Videotape transfers and more!