[QuadList] Quad Carts--Links to RCA and Ampex photo examples

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 17 10:38:52 CDT 2012

		On Aug 16, 2012, at 9:46 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:

 > One interesting note that I've said in the past on this list: As
far as I am aware, NBC New York and Burbank were the only operations
to air prime time commercials directly from a cart machine. I am
fairly certain that CBS and ABC integrated their commercials into
slugs in the air master being played back, but I stand to be corrected.

		I offer:

	This was true for the TCR/ACR era, but when CBS updated their ACR-25s
to digital machines (I think they were ACR-225's), I'd heard that the
digital carts were used directly on-air.
	I was not present at NBC NY from 1979 to 2003, so I don't know what
they did after the TCR-100's.  I believe they had Panasonic cart
machines using MII VTR's, whatever it may have been called.  I had
also heard that NBC had Sony Betacart machines.  Whether any of these
were used directly on air or not is unknown to me.

					     NBC Today Show, New York