[QuadList] Quad Carts--Links to RCA and Ampex photo examples

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Fri Aug 17 11:23:32 CDT 2012

The Panasonic system with the M-II decks was called a MARC II.

I saw one on a visit to WFLA-TV in the late 1980's. There were engineers from Panasonic there, rather late, trying to get the system to talk to the station's Utah Scientific automation. They were still using a TCR-100 for playback, and had a second TCR for backup. (This is the one I saw that had EPIS)

MARC II used an X-Y parallelogram arm.

There was an earlier MARC system was based on the original M-Format. I remember seeing a brochure for it, but I don't remember how it worked. I remember seeing pictures with either the tapes or the transports in pull-out drawers. Were these ever installed anywhere?

Scott Thomas