[QuadList] RCA Headwheel

Dale Lamm dlamm1 at neo.rr.com
Sat Aug 18 14:50:11 CDT 2012

Yes, Spin Physics was owned by Kodak, per the sales guy from Spin. Theirs was the first rebuild that allowed us to exceed 1000 hours on a MK-10 panel. I believe they used ferrite pole pieces. Remember the sales guy warning us to be very careful when using the Ampex tip height gauge.
  [snip]
  We used a lot of Spin Physics rebuilds at CBS, probably because the salesman would always bring in lots of donuts (Crumpets) for the guys, but I don't recall any major problems attributed to them.  Do I remember they were part of Kodak?
  [end]