[QuadList] ACR use (was Servo Modes)

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 25 00:03:22 CDT 2012

Hi Nick (and everyone).  Did you ever work with John Demuth (sp?) at KTLA?
I was involved at installing TR-600s at KTLA in the late 70s.  As you could
guess, we and the machines were not very popular (however the people were
quite nice to us).  I learned quite a bit from John, but he was all over us
on every aspect of the TR-600 (and probably for good reason).  We spent more
time on the drop out compensator and servos to make him happy.  Not sure if
that was accomplished.

To keep on topic, we were in the room with the ACR-25s and always impressed
with their operation.  Certainly they were on air all the time and very well
maintained.

Regards, Gary Adams