[QuadList] ACR use (was Servo Modes)

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Sat Aug 25 01:22:26 CDT 2012

The first station I was at in 1988 was only doing dub reels for the local newscasts. We used the TCR-100 as a "still store" for playing back the over-the-shoulder graphics during the newscast.

They may have also done spot reels for high ticket items like a Super Bowl, but I wasn't involved in that.

I do remember carts getting jammed and the operator pulling them out with a pair of forceps.

Here's where I was:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10064764@N04/6013225949/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10064764@N04/6013780542/

The photos are from many years before I arrived there, but I saw a lot of that equipment.