[QuadList] ACR use (was Servo Modes)

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Sat Aug 25 08:36:43 CDT 2012

Nick,

Perhaps you could confirm what I heard and observed there when the ACR 225's replaced the ACR 25's (they shipped out overseas to another buyer?).

Yes, sweeps was a big thing at channel 5. I worked with Don Kent, Ron Gaviate, Karen Ralke and Theresa Soulliere for a time in promos in '86 during the NABET/GE "problem" at NBC. Got to respect KTLA's engineering department. Seems like I TD'd something at that time also but can't recall.

In terms of solo TCR shops, one station I worked for in East Texas had a lone TCR that, IIRC, never failed during station break time. The alternative playback devises then in-house were single TR 4, TR 70 and TRT 1's. So when needed, the TCR was called upon to serve. Later, that TCR was replaced with used ACR's from a station in Dallas.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Videotape transfers and more!