[QuadList] Scotch 400

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Fri Aug 31 08:24:13 CDT 2012

Shai:

I have had 400 tape that was just fine and played perfectly as is.  I've
also had the worst SSS problems with 400 than with any other tape.
Generally, it seems to have some degree of SSS more often than not, but as
Park points out, baking has always worked on 400.

If you remove the foam from the flange, the reel is no longer dimensionally
correct.  You can replace the flange with a flat flange for the transfer
process.

For reels with fungus, I use a company that specializes in the removal of
that sort of contamination.

The Chroma 90 that I've seen has not exhibited any unusual problems.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com