[QuadList] [Fwd: Image and reproduction rights request - TELEFÓNICA FOUNDATION, Spain]

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Thu Feb 9 01:34:00 CST 2012

To all,
    I received this email today from a museum in Spain, wishing to use
this image in a publication related to an exhibit they are doing. The
details are below. I have a very high resolution scan of this (and a
bunch of other related) image. Do you know of any copyright problem with
using this image (she is mainly interested in the VTR, and her example
image (which is not sendable over the lists) has only the hands and
elbows of the people showing.) or who she might contact to get
permission?
    Here is a link to the entire (fairly low resolution) image from my
website:

http://www.lionlamb.us/quad/thesix.jpg

Tim Stoffel

--

Dear Tim,

I am writing you from the Art and Technology Department of Telefónica
Foundation, in Madrid, which works on the management of their Artistic and
Technologic Collections. Our current project consists on the opening of an
exhibitions hall, here in our headquarters in Gran Vía St. One floor of
that space is going to display a temporary exhibition, titled "One History
of Telecommunications", and a very interesting publication is being
prepared in order to complete the museological project. Ms. Olga Pérez,
director of the Telecommunications Historic Forum, is the author of the
text.

We are know collecting all necessary images for the book, the ones of
artworks that will be shown and also other illustrative images for the
text. Therefore we kindly ask for your collaboration. We would be very
grateful if you could send us the attached image (an Ampex Mark IV), in a
high resolution and with its reproduction rights. We would like to include
it as an illustrative image.

Hopefully the Telefónica Foundation could count on your collaboration in
such an important project.  Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,
we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
(See attached file: mark4.jpg)

información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario
indicado, queda notificado de que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o
copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente.
Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

El correo electrónico vía Internet no permite asegurar la confidencialidad
de los mensajes que se transmiten ni su integridad o correcta recepción.
Telefónica no asume ninguna responsabilidad por estas circunstancias.

information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by a professional privilege
or whose disclosure is prohibited by law.If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any read, dissemination, copy or
disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited by law. If this
message has been received in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail
and delete it.

Internet e-mail neither guarantees the confidentiality nor the integrity or
proper receipt of the messages sent. Telefónica does not assume any
liability for those circumstances.