[QuadList] AVR-2 Hint of the week

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 10:02:02 CST 2012

I thought I would try a new type of discussion.  How about a hint  of the
week for quads?  Last week I did the one on the A-D conversion  setup.  That
post triggered this idea.

The AVR-2 has a number of jumpers on the boards.  Set jumper J-3 on  board
4 to A - B.  This forces the machine to go to Horizontal lock in  playback.

Head Error on the Monitor Scope now looks like AMTEC error.  This  makes
setting the guide to a good position.

UNFORTANTLY this does not always give the best  playback.  We always would
look at the vectorscope and then make fine  adjustments to the guide for the
least dot spread.

This procedure gave us a couple of more generations during the editing
process.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN