[QuadList] KPRC 2" Tape room

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Sat Feb 4 08:58:05 CST 2012

Hello Pat,

Perhaps my original posting needs to be re-worded slightly.

In 1965-66, KPRC produced a documentary (sales pitch) for their news operation in Houston. Someone uploaded a rather poor transfer of this film on YouTube. It is in three parts. In part 3 at 3:20, you will see a segment where a newsman is viewing 2" quad material in a crowded tape room consisting of RCA and Ampex VTR's.

Click the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m58pYLWNyA

Now compare that tape room to the picture of the newer version taken approx. 1973 in the new facility.

I hope this clarify's the original post. By the way, I remember Larry Rasco as he was pretty much the voice of Big 2 News in the 60's and 70's.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video

david at dcvideo.com