[QuadList] PAL-M playback on AVR-2 in UK--

David Dean dixie at westpoint.tv
Tue Feb 7 13:38:24 CST 2012

I would think you might be looking for a VR 2000 in NTSC with a PAL M spg. I know a VR 2000 NTSC will play back PAL M recordings in black and white, may be you could get colour with a PAL M spg ? As to an NTSC AVR 2 in the UK maybe someone out there knows. I see from the manual that there are a few explicit bords for PAL M some are Dual standard NTSC and PAL-M Your best chance is probably Brazil, or a VR2000 with PAL M SPG, good luck.

My two pennies

David Dean
Westpoint Television
Archiving Services
2" Quad , 1" B, 1"C, D1, D2, D3, D5, HDCam and HDV
.5", EIAJ, In Various Standards where supported
Alchemist Ph.C conversions with Clean Cut
Snell and Wilcox Ukon for HD frame rate conversions and Up and Down conversions
Digital Vision DVNR with scratch  and dropout concealment
Tel 020 8742 3400