[QuadList] PAL-M playback on AVR-2 in UK--

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:29:44 CST 2012

Ted:

I have no personal experience with this, but Ampex did make a PAL-M version of the AVR-2.  If the individual is asking how to convert an existing PAL machine to PAL-M, then according to the manual, there are 7 modules required.  #20, 28 & 30 are exclusively PAL-M.  In addition, modules #2, 12, 16 & 22 are combination NTSC/PAL-M and are also required.  Since module #12 is the modulator, if only playback is desired, then I assume that it could be eliminated from the list.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com